Lakefront Real Estate & Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale in Foreclosure. If you would like more information on any of these Foreclosure homes for sale, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Foreclosure homes for sale come on the market.
With over 20 lakes in the area, finding lake front homes in Nashville and the surrounding area is quite easy. If you desire a home with access to water for your boat, or just because you want to have a waterfront view, Nashville has much to offer.
Lake front homes are available in a range of sizes and ages. You can find these homes in newly built neighborhoods or a turn-of-the-century home located on several acres of farmland. The diversity found in the Nashville area will please anyone searching for a lake front home.
Things To Remember About Lake Front Properties
• When you are looking at lake front properties you need to speak to the realtor about any special permitting or licenses you may need to access the lake This is especially important for people who are moving to this beautiful area from out-of-state and are unfamiliar with Tennessee or Nashville laws concerning watercraft, docks and fishing.
• When you have the home inspection performed, make sure to also have the dock and boat house inspected.
• Speak to your Insurance Agent about the potential for flooding and flood insurance costs. Even though it is rare for one of these lakes to rise high enough to flood, it is better to be aware of your options and costs.
• Lake front properties are some of the most desirable homes on the market. These properties move quickly when placed up for sale and you will need to work with an experienced REALTOR if you are interested in making a purchase.
• Lake front homes can amass equity at a better rate than other types of homes.
Lake Front Living
There are so many things that you can enjoy when you live on a lake that are different from a house in a different area. Not only do you have the benefits of an incredible view, you will also have access to the lake for recreation and enjoyment.
Most lake front homes are spacious in size and are located on larger pieces of property than other types of homes. The extra outdoor area is perfect for entertaining and relaxation. Generally located outside of the city center, these homes offer all of the convenience of city life with all of the breathtaking beauty of country living.