Introducing an Emerging Nashville Neighborhood: Historic West Town
In recent years The Nations has been transforming into Historic West Town. Some of the reasons why Historic West Town is considered an Emerging Neighborhood:
- It is located close just north of Sylvan Park, a gentrified neighborhood in West Nashville.
- The neighborhood has many Craftsman, Cottages and Victorian Homes.
- Infill of new construction homes has been occurring for little more than one year.
- Living conditions have been improving in this neighborhood.
- Historic West Town is located a few miles from Downtown Nashville with easy access on Charlotte Pike.
- This area has access to public transportation from the Metro Transit Authority.
Like many emerging areas, the last items to develop are the vibrant commercial district and the neighborhood identity. This area has received a boost from the Nashville West Shopping District. While it is a few miles west on Charlotte Pike, Nashville West provides an abundant supply of major retail stores and restaurants that this area sorely needed.
Charlotte Pike and some of the other streets in the neighborhood have the potential to house the original restaurants and boutique stores that are the trademark of any revitalized area. The east end of Charlotte Pike is also expected to redevelop into a commercial district. This area is called the North Gulch and is centered on Charlotte Pike and 11th Avenue. The latest rumor for the North Gulch; it will be the home of Nashville’s first IKEA. We will keep an eye on this one.
Home Prices are a significant attraction factor for Historic West Town. This is one of the few areas in Nashville that have been appreciating over the last two years. The price difference between similar homes in Sylvan Park and Historic West Town is jaw-dropping.
If you are considering an up-and –coming neighborhood in Nashville, take a good look at Historic West Town.
P.S If You Like This Post, Comment Below and Share it With the Social Buttons on the Left!
- Look...An Emerging Nashville Neighborhood: Wedgewood-Houston
- Nashville Real Estate 2012 Third Quarter Market Update
- Nashville Home Price Forecast for 2013
- Is This a Good Time to Invest in Nashville Real Estate?
The Latest Listings in Historic West Town
[idx-listings linkid="283255" count="10" showlargerphotos="true"]