Franklin – Graceful, Small Town Living near Nashville TN
Approximately fifteen miles south of Nashville, the city of Franklin is rich in history while offering residents a modern, peaceful setting in a growing city. Beautiful Downtown Franklin has many historic buildings housing local shops, restaurants, art galleries and other businesses.
The History of Franklin comes alive at some of its top historic venues, sites and monuments.
Driving through Downtown Franklin, you can see the illuminated marquee that advertises for the Franklin Theatre. For over 70 years, the theatre has served as a venue for live music and movies and offers a remarkable experience full of culture and history. The building also serves as the first LEED-certified restored historical building in Franklin!
The Natchez Trace Parkway, part of the National Park Service, is one of the most beautiful areas in the country and runs right through Franklin! The parkway stretches from Nashville, through Alabama and into Mississippi. Offering beautiful scenery for a relaxing drive, camping, hiking, and horse trails, the Natchez Trace Parkway is a perfect destination for a weekend drive or bike ride!
You will love the Carnton Plantation! This historic building saw one of the most brutal battles of the American Civil War. Acting as a temporary field hospital, the Carnton house housed both wounded Union and Confederate troops and serves as one of the best preserved monuments for the Battle of Franklin. The house now acts as a museum and tours of the building and grounds are given daily.
The Carter House acts as another great monument to the Battle of Franklin. Seeing the battle up close, the Carter family fled to wait out the fighting in their basement. A Confederate Cemetery is currently located near to the house and over 1,400 troops have been laid to rest there.
Franklin’s Accolades and Awards
Don’t Take Our Word. See What Others across the Nation Are Saying About Franklin, TN.
- One of the Nation’s “Most Livable Cities”
- America’s Top 10 Cities In Terms of Job Growth
- Best Small Town in the State of Tennessee
- One of the Top Startup Cities in the Nation
- One of Business Week’s Top 50 Cities to Start a Small Business
- Predicted to be in the Top 3 Cities for New Job Growth within 20 Years
- America’s Top 5 Antique Shopping Locations
- The Most Romantic Main Street of 2010 by the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Top 10 Cities to Retire In – Money Magazine
- Great American Main Street Award
Search Franklin Real Estate